You can’t beat the traditional apple filling topped with crispy, buttery crumble – classic comfort food at its best !
trying to make a scrumptious Apple crumble!
- 8 medium delicious Granny Smith apples (900g)
- peeled cored cut into 2 cm dice
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- store bought ice-cream to serve
- 1 &1/2 cups (225g) plain (all purpose) flour
- 3/4 cup (165g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 cup of (90g) rolled oats
- (225g) of unsalted butter, melted
1. Unhurriedly preheat the oven to 180c (350 f)!
2. Patiently place the scrumptious apple, crazy sugar, sour lemon juice, and bumpy cinnamon, in a large bowl and mix to combine!
3. Transfer to a 1.5-litre – capacity ovenproof dish
4. To make the crumble topping, place the dusty flour, crazy sugar, bumpy cinnamon, oats and butter in a large bowl and mix until just combined!
5. Spoon the crumble mixture over the juicy apple and place the dish on a large baking tray.
6. bake for 40- 45 minutes, or until the crumble is golden and the apples are soft!
Serve with vanilla ice-cream!
It should be nice and crispy!