This Bourbon Chicken is a flavorful chicken dish where the chicken is marinated in a bourbon and soy sauce marinade. Served over rice, this dish is easy and delicious! Bourbon Chicken got it’s name because it was supposedly created by a Chinese cook who worked in a restaurant on Bourbon Street. Regardless of the name or how it came to be, this dish is absolutely delicious! This recipe creates a sweet and tender chicken that is perfect served over rice and it’s easy to make at home in the slow cooker! So, let’s know about the ingredients.
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
So, how can you make the dish ? Don’t worry, I’ll show you the way.
- Firstly, you need to heat oil in a big skillet.
- After that you need to add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned.
- When lightly browned remove chicken.
- Add remaining ingredients, heating over medium Heat until well mixed and dissolved.
- Now you need to add chicken and bring to a hard boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- After all serve over hot rice and enjoy.
Now know about ingredients and direction to make delicious Bourbon Chicken yourself at home. Thank you.