When you’re looking for a quick and delicious way to feed a large family, this recipe for Chicken Parmesan Lasagna is just the ticket! So, let’s know about how to make the delicious dish…
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 c. Italian or panko bread crumbs
- 3 large eggs, divided
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 2 16-oz. jars marinara
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 box no-boil lasagna noodles or 1 box cooked lasagna noodles
- kosher salt
- 3 c. shredded mozzarella
- 2 15-oz. containers ricotta
- Torn fresh basil, for garnish
- 1 c. freshly grated Parmesan
1. First of all you need to preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
2. Then cut chicken breasts in half widthwise (pound thin if necessary) and season with salt and pepper.
3. Coat the chicken in flour, egg, and finally in bread crumbs.
4. Heat oil in a cast iron skillet and until brown (about 4 minutes each side)fry the chicken on both sides. Set aside.
5. Then in a bowl, whisk one egg into the ricotta, then set aside.
6. Now in a casserole dish, you need to spread ⅓ of the jar of marinara on the bottom, top with lasagna noodle overlapping with each noodle.
7. After that spread half of the ricotta mixture on top of the noodles and layer with chicken.
8. Top the chicken with ½ cup of mozzarella and a ½ cup of parmesan.
9. Continue layering in the same order and top with remaining cheeses.
10. Cover with foil.
11. Bake for 45-60 minutes uncovering the lasagna for the last 10 minutes of baking.
12. Sprinkle with fresh basil and enjoy!