This creamy burrito casserole recipe is an easy weeknight dinner with lots of Tex-Mex flavor. You can put it together ahead of time and bake it while you are changing clothes and checking homework in the afternoon. Packed with beef and gooey cheese to make it a family favorite! Your grocery budget is going to love it, too. Let’s know what do you need for this recipe.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 2 -3 cups shredded taco cheese or 2 -3 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 4 ounces sour cream
jarred hot sauce, if desired to spice it up
- Firstly, you need to brown ground turkey/meat & onion; drain.
- After that add taco seasoning and stir in refried beans.
- Now mix sour cream and soup in a separate bowl.
- Spread 1/2 sour cream mixture in the bottom of a casserole dish.
- After that tear up 3 tortillas and spread over sour cream mixture.
- Now you need to put 1/2 the meat bean mixture over that and add a layer of cheese.
- You could put some hot sauce on this now.
- Repeat the layers.
- After that you need to sprinkle cheese over the top and bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 20-30 minutes.
- Now your dish is ready to serve.
And now you have know the delicious recipe to make it. Thank you.