Hi ! Today we are going to share how to lock and unlock computer system via a smartphone. All want to secure their computer and smartphone also. When you want to secure your computer what do you use for your computer security? Some PIN or Password? Right. Have you ever tried any new method or listen to any new method to unlock your computer system. I hope you have listened about Face, Fingerprint etc. Yes, to secure computer system people go through password mostly. Your next 10 minute will be full of knowledge and interesting. I am damn sure you will enjoy this post about unlocking computer via android phone.
If you are in a hurry to use your Windows Pc and you rather start it up, and then at that stage, you require to go through the Lock screen where you need to fill the password for getting in logged. In this whole process, it could take too long for you to get directly to your desktop. Now the Android device has the high capability to let you help in this case, and you could successfully use the Android’s fingerprint scanner to unlock the Windows PC directly. This also makes your Windows more secure as you could only open your Windows through your Android device. You will be able to do that after reading this article. So, let’s do it…
- Firstly you have to set up the fingerprint on your Android device and also install the Unified Remote Server application on the Windows PC. The Android device Unified Remote app for is also to be installed before you could start up for the process.
- On the Android device open up the Unified Remote app and then find up the computer’s IP address or the Windows IP address from an app. Once you have done that you would require making a 3-action quick task to encrypt your Windows password Within Tasker which all we would tell you afterward.
- Inside the Tasker app create a new task and give it some custom name to it which you could identify later on. This work won’t be used after one-time usage, so this could be deleted after that. Just follow the below things to make up some of the changes:
* Remember that this is your password and you should not forget it. To set this go to Variables -> Variable Set and then from there name up “%pass” to the ‘your-windows-password’.
* Now go to Plugins>AutoTools>AutoTools Text. For Text:%pass go to the encryption and set it to encrypt the pass and for encoding name it to some arbitrary phrase which you have to remember for further use.
* At last go to the Variables> Variable Set and from there rename %EncryptedPass to %attextresult(). This would store your password in the global variable.
- Delete it up after run up the above new task that you have just created for once. This won’t be required anymore, so it’s just safe to delete it up and know that it have done its work.
- Create the another new task and name it. Now just follow up the below things for the creation and setting up of that new task:
- Plugins –> AutoTools –> AutoTools Dialog. Select Fingerprint Dialog. Title: PC Fingerprint Unlock. Number of Tries: 1. Failed Message: Error: Fingerprint not recognized. Everything else you can customize to your liking.
- Plugins –> AutoTools –> AutoTools Text. Text: %EncryptedPass. Variable Name: %pass. Go to encryption and select to Decrypt. For the password, use the encryption password you made earlier.
- Net –> Browse URL. URL: ur://intent/remote:Core.Keyboard/action:press/extra:space/destination:YOURPCNAMEHERE
- Task –> Wait 1 second.
- Net –> Browse URL. URL: ur://intent/remote:Core.Keyboard/action:text/extra:%pass/destination:YOURPCNAMEHERE
- Task –> Wait 1 second.
- Net –> Browse URL. URL: ur://intent/remote:Core.Keyboard/action:press/extra:enter/destination:YOURPCNAMEHERE
- After you have made up all those amendments to your device via Tasker you could now be able to unlock your Windows PC directly through the Fingerprint scanner on Android device!
In this article, you have read about the method through which the Android device’s fingerprint scanner could be actually used to directly unlock the Windows PC and hence bypass the need to fill up the password. Thank you.