Aldiko is an e-book reader application for the Android and iOS operating systems. It supports the EPUB format for digital publications and incorporates facilities for browsing online catalogs on thousands of books (including thousands of free public domain work) and downloading them directly into the user’s personal library. Additionally, the application allows users to import their own books to read them on the go. Aldiko does not support font embedding. The application features a bookshelf-like user interface that lets user navigate their collection of eBooks. It also provides a customizable reading experience through configurable font and background color, font size and type, margin size, display brightness, page turn mode, etc.
Comfortable reading experience with full screen view. Rich color, crisp and sharp text make reading a pleasure. Turning pages by using intuitive swipe. This is a very popular app that 30+ million users from over 200 countries. This app has two way to use. One is premium version and another is free. Differences between the Aldiko Book Reader Premium and the Aldiko Book Reader Free are: the Aldiko Book Reader Premium has highlights (for EPUB files), notes (for EPUB files), book cover editing, home widget, import and export annotations features, gets faster update and does not contain advertisements.
Now let’s know about the feature of the app. This app has enough features to like the app. The features are given below.
- Support EPUB, PDF formats as well as Adobe DRM encrypted eBooks.
- Fully-customizable reading experience: adjust font size, font type, font and background colors, margin, alignment, line spacing as well as brightness to best suit your preference. The Aldiko Book Reader also supports night-time reading.
- Support eBooks from public libraries.
- User-friendly interface: the Aldiko Book Reader supports both Android phones and tablets. You can create your own bookmarks anywhere in the book, rapidly jump to a different section of the book through the table of content.
- In-app shopping experience: browse huge catalogs of eBooks, including best-sellers, new releases and classics (lots of them are FREE)
- Advanced library management system: import your own EPUB and PDF files into the app to read them on the go; organize your eBooks by tags and collections. Aldiko will also remember your reading position automatically, bring you back to where you left off.
- Other cool features not to miss: global-text search in a book, dictionary, add your own favorite catalogs (OPDS support) and many more.
Browse extensive book catalogs, from new releases, best-sellers to classics.
Quickly find the book that you are looking for with our powerful search tool.
View what’re featured on the online book catalogs, read detailed description before you download.
Adjust the brightness of your device’s display by sliding your finger along the left edge of the touch display.
Personalize your reading experience. Adjust font size, font type, font and background colors, margin as well as alignment to best suit your preference.
Night time reading
Easily switch to night mode when reading in low-luminosity areas.
Search & dictionary
Touch and hold any word to search for it throughout the entire book, or look it up in dictionary.
Create your own bookmarks, highlights and notes anywhere in the book. Rapidly jump to a different section of the book through the table of content.
Browse your book collection by title, author or categories. Edit your books’ detailed information. Rapidly find what you are looking using our search tool. Transfer your own books and documents, add your favorite eBook catalogs and read them in Aldiko. Borrow books from your public library and enjoy reading them in Aldiko.
Returning borrowed books
Return borrowed eBooks to public libraries right inside Aldiko in just a few steps.
Borrowing and returning books
Browse book catalogs from a list of libraries around the world without leaving the app.
Add your own eBook catalogs
Add other eBook catalogs in Aldiko through the My Catalog feature so that all your favorite eBook catalogs can be accessed in one place
Import your own files
Aldiko supports the most popular eBook formats EPUB and PDF, as well as the Adobe eBook DRM technology. You can bring your own books and documents to Aldiko in just a few steps.
Tags and Collections
Every book that you download is automatically tagged and made searchable; of course you can always add your own. You can also group your books in your own collections.
Get started quickly
One-click access to the books that you are currently reading right from the home screen. Aldiko will resume the book right where you left it the last time.
Let’s know about the Features on debut :
- In-app browsing and downloading capability
- Adjust front, background, link, layout & text alignment
- Read detailed descriptions before purchase & download
- Day/Night themes: switch between day/night mode when reading in high/low-luminosity areas
- Customizable navigation modes
- Brightness Control
- Full support for Table of Contents
- Bookmarks: allows users to create their own bookmarks anywhere in a book to remember sections of interest
- Quickly resume reading: the app automatically opens a book where users last left off
- Progress: allows users to check their reading progress in a chapter and in a book
- The reading engine automatically adjusts to the size of the device’s display
- Share: allows users to recommend books to others via email, Facebook, Twitter, SMS…
- Library management: books can be organized by Tags or Collections
- Sort books by title, author, download late, last read date or rating
- Edit detailed book information (title, author, tag, collection, rating)
A number of features have been added after the app’s debut, including:
- Option to turn pages with volume keys
- Open images within a book in a separate viewer
- Import: allows users to import their own books to read them on the go
- Option to change the cover art of a book
- Backward/forward functions: allows users to go back to where they were before clicking a link to a different section of the book
- Dictionary lookup: allows users to look up any word definition in dictionary, Wikipedia or on Google
- Open links within a book on browser
- Full text search: allows users to search any word globally within a book
- Option to set text alignment to left, justify or right
- Option to Enable/Disable CSS Style Sheet
- Option to lock display orientation
- Go To: allows users to quickly access any position within a book
- Support for Adobe DRM