Here are Actual Biography about the Korean star Nancy Jewel McDonie of the famous member of the k-pop girl group Momoland. The award-winning group released their debut EP Welcome to Momoland in 2016.
Nancy Jewel Mcdonie (낸시맥도니) or Lee Seung Ri (이승리) was born in Daegu, South Korea on April 13, 2000 (age 18). She is a South Korean singer under Duble Kick Entertainment. She is a member of a girl group Momoland and the group’s lead vocalist, lead dancer, visual, center, and maknae.
Nancy was born in Daegu, South Korea to an American father and Korean mother, she spent her childhood in Ohio, United States. She graduated from Hanlim Multi Art School, Seoul on February 9, 2018 along with fellow member Joo E and was a student in the Musical Department.
Nancy Jewel Mcdonie Actual Full Biography
|Birth Name||Nancy Jewel Mcdonie (낸시맥도니)|
|Korean Name:||Lee Seung-ri (이승리)|
|Nickname||Nancy (낸시), Aenaen, Jonaensi|
|Position:||Maknae (youngest in the group), lead vocalist, visual|
|Height||162 cm (5ft. 3¾ in)|
|Look Alike||She has been also compared to the Kapamilya actress Liza Soberano because of their similarities.|
|Siblings||an older sister, (cellist)|
|Date Of Birth||April 13, 2000|
|Nationality||Half-American & Half-Korean|
|Education||Last February 09, 2018, Nancy finished her education at HanLin Art School in Songpa District in Seoul.|
|Birthplace||Daegu, South Korea|
|Love Life||Currently, the American-Korean star is single and available.|
|Before Fame||Raised in the United States, she returned to South Korea to attend high school at Hanlim Multi Arts High School.|
Now, here are some trivia and vital facts you might want to know about her!
Do you think she undergoes facial surgery?
There are still some people who think that Nancy had facial surgery. But the truth is she has a natural face. She had a naturally pretty, stunning, and charming face and that’s the reason why people love her.
She is part of project group ‘Sunny Girls’
A project girl group made by SBS Inkigayo for its ‘Music Crush’ project in 2016, Sunny Girls is comprised of a really impressive, visual-oriented lineup: G-Friend‘s Eunha, Cosmic Girls‘ Cheng Xiao, Oh My Girl‘s YooA, Gugudan‘s Nayoung, and of course, Momoland‘s Nancy.
She has an older sister
Brenda Lee McDonie (photo via Instagram) Nancy has an older sister named Brenda Lee McDonie (@brendamcdonie). And while we might want to spare her from the ‘celebrity spotlight’, sure, we’ll leave her publicly accessible Instagram in case you want to see.
She speaks Korean better than English
Since Nancy was raised in the U.S., her English is actually fluent as you can see on most videos. She speaks English with a sweet voice and an accent you’ll surely fall in love with. However, Nancy revealed in a show that she speaks Korean better than English. Consider the fact that she lived on Korean for some time, too, and how easy to learn Korean language as a native, she might be much more comfortable with it.
Her nicknames are Jonancy (조낸시) and Aenan (애낸)
Who would thought that Nancy would be called with these names?
She’s Half American/Half Korean
Yes, you read it right. Her dad is an American while her mom is a Korean. She’s born in Daegu, South Korea. However, she was raised in Ohio, United States.
She likes musicals, and she makes amazing ones, too.
This clip from ‘Finding MOMOLAND’ shows Nancy’s amazing voice as well as her smooth-sweet English accent. It’s magical, and we will just let you watch it so that you’ll appreciate.
Prior to debuting, Nancy trained for 6 years
While being the youngest (maknae) member, Nancy has the most training experience among MOMOLAND.
She and SEVENTEEN’s Vernon are close childhood friends
SEVENTEEN’s Vernon and Nancy met and worked together before their debut, as the two worked as kids’ model since they were young. On the photo above, Vernon and Nancy modeled in some fashion brand pictorials as a couple.
She was dubbed as “Liza Soberano’s Look-alike”
We already detailed this on our very first article about Nancy. However, for those who don’t Know Liza, she is one of the kinda popular actress in Asia, especially Philippines, and having Nancy resembling her sure did make buzz among social media. As shown on the video linked from the article, Nancy was amazed by the fact that she has a celebrity look-a-like. She even didn’t believed it at first, and uttered “She looks like Ariana Grande” instead. READ: LOOK: Korea’s Nancy McDonie wowed by actress Liza Soberano’s beauty
She is part of a web drama titled ‘Some Light’
A 2017 web drama from Naver TV, ‘Some Light’ is a music/romantic-sensation themed web drama that pertains to a signal in which might be a sign of destiny. This drama is starring Nancy as well as Empire Kids Ha Min-Woo.
Nancy Jewel Mcdonie / Facts
- She was born in Daegu, South Korea.
- Nancy’s father is American and her mother is Korean. (MOMOLAND Facts page on Facebook)
- She has an older sister, who is a cellist.
- Her nicknames are Aenaen, Jonaensi.
- She is a former trainee of Nega Network.
- She is the youngest member with the most training experience, she trained for 6 years.
- She is the wink fairy of the group because she can wink repeatedly and alternately.
- Education: HanLim Art School (graduated on Feb 9, 2018)
- She speaks English, but she said she’s more fluent in Korean. (Pops in Soul)
- Since she was a child, she was an actress and model.
- Her hobbies are watching movies, singing Disney OSTs, makeup tutorials, nail art and playing nintedo (with Hyebin).
- She is a member of Inkigayo’s project group Sunny Girls with co-members Eunha (Gfriend), YooA (Oh My
- Girl), Nayoung (Gugudan), and Cheng Xiao (Cosmic Girls)
- She is the girl in SNUPER’s “Stand by Me” MV and the girl in MC GREE’s “Dangerous” MV.
- She acted in the web music drama “Thumb Light”.
- She was the main cast of Tooniverse’s Nangam School Season 2.
- She used to be in a hip-hop dance group called Cutie Pies and they auditioned on Korea’s Got Talent.
- Nancy is part of a group called “Sunny Girls” with GFriend‘s Eunha, WJSN‘s Cheng Xiao, Oh My Girl‘s Yooa
- and Gugudan‘s Nayoung.
- On March 27, 2017, Nancy debuted as the host of the show ‘Pops in Seoul’ on the TV Channel ‘Arirang’
- Nancy and JooE share a room. (Celuv TV Interview)
- Her favorite colors are burgundy, pink, and black
- Her favorite foods are foods with cheese and mint chocolate flavor.
- Her motto is “do not loose the opportunities you recieve.”.
- Her role model is f(x) Krystal.
- Charm Point:Nose
- Her Religion is Christianity.
- Her hometown is Ohio.
- Nancy’s ideal type: A person with high self-esteem; Someone with a goal.
Nancy Jewel Mcdonie Full Biography by Video Gallery
These were the latest information about Nancy Jewel McDonie (Nancy) Full Biography & Lifestyle. As soon as we get more details, we will update this info accordingly. You may share your thoughts with us by leaving a comment below.