Skype is an application that provides video chat and voice call services. Users may exchange such digital documents as images, text, video and any other, and may transmit both text and video messages. Skype allows the creation of video conference calls. Skype keeps the world talking. Say “hello” with an instant message, voice or video call – all for free, no matter what device they use Skype on. Skype is available on phones, tablets, PCs, and Macs.
Skype is based on a freemium model. Much of the service is free, but Skype Credit or a subscription is required to call a landline or a mobile phone number. At the end of 2010, there were over 660 million worldwide users, with over 300 million estimated active each month as of August 2015. At one point in February 2012, there were thirty four million users concurrently online on Skype.
Now it’s time to know about the features of Skype for iPhone. In iPhone Skype has many features. Skype keeps the world talking. Free messaging, voice and video calls with anyone for free.
- New group video calls with up to 25 people.
- Talk face to face with a video call.
- Message your friends in an instant and add up to 300 people to a group chat.
- Free voice calls to anyone else on Skype. Add up to 25 people on a group call.
- Available for Apple Watch – your notifications and chats available on your wrist.
- Call mobiles and landlines at low rates (Skype to Skype calls are always free).
- Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, PCs, Macs, and even some TVs. Now it’s even easier to stay connected to friends and family – no matter the device they’re on.
- Share photos, video messages, your location and add emoticons and Mojis to your chat.
iOS 8.0 or above (If you are using iOS 7 or earlier, you can download the last compatible version by tapping install/update and following the prompt to download.) The Apple Watch features require iOS 8.2 and of course, an Apple Watch.
Use Skype on iPhone with many type of languages :
Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese.
Skype has many features for android too. All of this like same. Cause Skype can be use on any type of your smart devices. So, let’s know some features of Skype.
Click the bellow icon to download Skype for your android.
Skype to Skype calls
Skype to Skype calls are always free, whether you’re calling home or looking for free international calls. So go ahead, call your best friend to make weekend plans or touch base with a client on the other side of the world and talk for as long as you like.
Call mobile and landline numbers
With low domestic and international calling rates, and no peak times, you can talk to those who matter most, whenever you want. Say hello, even if your friends and family aren’t on Skype. Make affordable international calls to mobiles and landlines anytime – day or night. It’s amazing how little it costs to call people on the other side of the world, or just across town. Pay for calls to mobile and landline numbers with Skype Credit or, if you call regularly, you could save even more with a subscription.
Live abroad, stay in touch
- Solve the problem of needing a local number for the bank.
- Make it easier and cheaper for family to call.
- Keep a home number when you’re away.
Build your business
- Get a professional number for the office.
- Manage your calls in one place and save money.
- Expand your reach with an international number.
Adding people who already have Skype is free. To add people who aren’t on Skype, call them on their mobile or landline number with Skype Credit or a subscription. Make free group calls with Skype. Whether you want to share big news with your family or need to work closely with a team of colleagues, with Skype group calling you can host a group chat or conference for up to 25 people.
Don’t be an unknown number. Let people know who’s calling with free phone number identification. Firstly you need to Sign in to Skype. After that select the “Caller ID” tab and enter your mobile number. It will then be shown when you make a call from Skype. After that Skype will send you a text to set up and confirm your Caller ID.
Group video calls
We all love getting friends and family in one place for regular catch ups. And because everyone has group video calling for free on mobile, tablet and computer, it’s easier than ever.
Get started with Skype and stay closer to family and friends with crystal clear video calling. Share a free video call with anyone who also has Skype and a webcam or compatible smartphone. Like all of this Skype has many features. You can use Skype to stay connected to your friends and family and for you business purposes and many more.
Supported Devices :
Skype support all of smart devices. We are giving devices with the benefits of using Skype with that device.
Windows 8 and Windows 8.1
There are lot of things to do in using it with all of these devices and here the features.
- Sign in with a Microsoft Account or Skype ID and switch between different Skype names
- See that the other person is typing
- See availability on taskbar badge
- See a list of existing Skype contacts
- Show and change your availability from app or taskbar controls
- Initiate a chat with anyone in contact list
- Personalize your experience with emoticons and Mojis
- Make one-to-one voice and video calls and send messages
- Create groups
- Send photos with drag-and-drop support
- Edit and delete messages
- See icon in notification tray
- See notifications for incoming calls and messages outside of the app
- Send group messages
- Create and edit favorites
- Make group audio and video calls
- Add contacts from Skype directory
- Voicemail support
- Improved contact search
- Make and receive multiple calls (calls get put on hold)
- Share a screen
- Translator for audio calls
- PSTN Out/Skype Out
- Control Chat notification in settings
- Outgoing message status
- File sharing with drag-and-drop support
- Bot directory
- Connectivity and Status awareness, Troubleshooter, and Offline Mode
- Hide conversations
- Delete contacts
- Proxy settings
- Controls for Skype-specific audio, video, and ringtone settings
There are Other desktop apps which support Skype and here they are.
OS X (10.6 or newer)
Linux (new Alpha version) (new client using WebRTC technology)
Linux (Ubuntu and others) (Not discontinued, but not updated since 18 June 2014)
Now it’s time to talk about mobile devices. The devices are…
On 29 October 2007, Skype launched its own mobile phone under the brand name 3 Skypephone, which runs a BREW OS.
You know Skype also offers a Skype Wi-Fi Phone, which is a wireless mobile phone that allows users to make Skype calls, using a wireless Internet connection. The Wi-Fi Phone of Skype has an on-screen menu that lets Skype users see who is online and available to talk, similar to what is seen on a PC. It can also be used to talk with non-Skype users. SkypeOut minutes can be used to call any phone for a low price and no monthly fee. The Wi-Fi phone of Skype does not contain a web browser and so can not access hotspots that require web-based login or authentication.
Now we are going to talk about other’s platform .
The Nokia N9, which runs MeeGo, comes with Skype voice calling and text messaging integrated; however, it lacks video-calling.
The Nokia N800, N810, and N900 Internet tablets, which run Maemo
Samsung Smart TV has a Skype app, which can be downloaded for free. It uses the built-in camera and microphone for the newer models. Alternatively, a separate mountable Skype camera with built-in speakers and microphones is available to purchase for older models. This functionality has now been disabled.
Both the Sony mylo COM-1 and COM-2 models and many more.