Internet download manager (IDM) is a tool to manage and schedule downloads. It can boost the speed of download up to 5 times. It has powerful recovery and resumes capabilities to restore the interrupted downloads due to lost connection, network issues, and power outages. It has intuitive interface that makes it user-friendly and more demanding than other download managers available in the market.
If you routinely download many files, a download manager will save you significant amounts of keystrokes as well as time. If you live in a rural area with relatively slow and unreliable Internet service, a download manager will make the best use of your scarce resources. Here is how download managers work.
Most download managers come with a features like video and audio grabbing from popular sites like YouTube etc., They also support website grabbing. Queue processing is another important feature of download managers. They also have the ability to pause and resume downloads, and impose speed restrictions as well. This features come very useful in regions where power failures are frequent. Additionally, most of the commercial download managers can download following user planned schedules and download accordingly. A few download managers claim to increase the download speed by a factor of many times.
Download managers also have very tight integration with browsers. Mostly they do this by installing an extension to the user’s browser.
So, it’s time to know the top five download manager. They are given below.
Ninja Download Manager
Powerful and well designed – the best download manager for media files
Ninja Download Manager is a relative newcomer to the downloading party, and it looks considerably more contemporary than its, er, contemporaries. You can download your one by simply click here.
Download Ninja is a Internet download manager & accelerator, which can increase download speeds significantly. The application can also allow you to resume and restart broken or previously stopped downloads. Some features of this download manager are given below…
- Download Accelerator: Increase download speeds by up to 10 times by using multiple simultaneous connections.
- Resume Downloads: Resume your downloads after stopping without having to restart them from the beginning.
- 1080p Video Downloads: Download video at 1080p resolution.
- Sequential File Writing: Unlike other download managers, Ninja Download Manager downloads files from start to finish so you can begin to preview audio and video files before the download is complete.
- Media Conversion: Convert media downloads from one file format to another or extract audio from video automatically when the download finishes.
- Audio / Video Downloader: Download video and audio files from popular media websites such as YouTube, Vimeo and SoundCloud (200+ websites in total).
- Connection Control: Control the number of simultaneous downloads and connections per download.
- Speed Limiter: Limit the download speed of a single download, an entire queue or all Ninja Download Manager downloads so that you can keep using the Internet while downloads are in progress.
- Shred your downloaded files: Once you are finished with your downloaded files Ninja Download Manager can shred both the data and the meta data ensuring that they can never be recovered, even using specialist recovery and forensic tools.
Download Accelerator Plus
Download Accelerator Plus makes downloading all kinds of files more convenient than ever by increasing speed and cutting out unnecessary steps. The base program offers a nice set of features, and there are also multiple add-ons you can install to customize the program to suit your specific needs and usage patterns. You can download your one by simply click here.
Some features of this download manager are given below…
- Automatic Mirroring Speed Boost.
- Continue broken or paused downloads
- Download safer as you see what the leading security programs say about your files.
- Watch previews of videos as they download.
Internet Download Manager (IDM)
Internet Download Manager gives you the tools to download many types of files from the Internet and organize them as you see fit. You can categorize each file as you download it, and then access all downloads right from the app’s main interface. Internet Download Manager is a tool for increasing download speeds by up to 5 times, and for resuming, scheduling, and organizing downloads. You can download your one by simply click here.
Some features of Internet Download Manager (IDM) are given below…
- All popular browsers and applications are supported!: Internet Download Manager supports all versions of popular browsers, and can be integrated into any 3rd party Internet applications.
- Download with one click: When you click on a download link in a browser, IDM will take over the download and accelerate it. IDM supports HTTP, FTP and HTTPS protocols.
- Download Resume: Internet Download Manager will resume unfinished download from the place where they left off.
- Download Speed: Internet Download Manager can accelerate downloads by up to 5 times due to its intelligent dynamic file segmentation technology.
- Simple installation wizard: Quick and easy installation program will make necessary settings for you, and check your connection at the end to ensure trouble free installation of Internet Download Manager.
- Advanced Browser Integration: When enabled, the feature can be used to catch any download from any application. None of download managers have this feature.
- Automatic Antivirus checking: Antivirus checking makes your downloads free from viruses and trojans.
- Built-in Scheduler: Internet Download Manager can connect to the Internet at a set time, download the files you want, disconnect, or shut down your computer when it’s done.
- Download All feature: IDM can add all downloads linked to the current page. It’s easy to download multiple files with this feature.
- IDM supports many types of proxy servers: For example, IDM works with Microsoft ISA, and FTP proxy servers.
- Customizable Interface: You may choose the order, and what buttons and columns appear on the main IDM window.
- Quick Update Feature: Quick update may check for new versions of IDM and update IDM once per week.
- Download Categories: Internet Download Manager can be used to organize downloads automatically using defined download categories.
Free Download Manager
Free Download Manager is a download manager for Windows and macOS. An open source download manager full of tools for music and movie lovers. You can download your one by simply click here.
FDM was initially proprietary software, but with the release of version 2.5 it has been free software. Starting with version 3.0.850 (15 April 2010), source code is no longer provided as a packaged download, but is available in the project’s Subversion repository for versions 3.9.x and earlier. The source code for version 5.0 and newer is not available and the GNU General Public License agreement has been removed from the app.
It includes powerful scheduling features and a very handy remote control that means you can leave your downloads running and check on their progress from any internet-connected device.
- HTTP and FTP download support
- Drop box for file drag-and-drop
- Resuming broken downloads, if permitted by server
- Import list of URLs from clipboard
- Remote control via Internet
- Flash video download from sites like YouTube and Google Video
- BitTorrent support
- Enhanced audio/video files support
- Download acceleration
- Smart file management and powerful scheduler
- Multi language support
- Adjusting traffic usage
- Absolutely free and 100% safe
- Modern interface
- Site Explorer
An advanced download manager, JDownloader is ideal for power users.
JDownloader is a free, open source download manager with a massive developer community, and it’s available for Windows, Linux and Mac. You can download your one by simply click here.
jDownloader is one amazing download manager, which can handle such scenarios smoothly. jDownloader is a free, open source, cross-platform download accelerator which I consider as one of the most intelligent downloader of all times.
- Bypass Ad URLs
- YouTube Video Downloader
- Support File Hosting for Free and Premium Accounts
- Add Links in Batch
- Automatically Join and Uncompress files
- Can download several files simultaneously, over several connections
- Theme support
- About 300 decrypt plugins for many services. For example, sj.org, UCMS, WordPress, and RLSLog.
- Versions run under (Microsoft Windows, Linux, Mac, etc.), and Java 1.5 or higher
Now, you can use one of these Download Manager. In this article, all of these tools are secured and free and that’s why your files will never lost. Hope you like this.