Adobe Acrobat is a family of application software and Web services developed by Adobe Systems to view, manipulate, create, print and manage files in Portable Document Format (PDF). The basic Acrobat Reader, available for several mobile and desktop platforms, is freeware; it supports printing, viewing and annotating of PDF files. The commercial proprietary Acrobat, available for Microsoft Windows and macOS only, can also create, edit, convert, digitally sign, encrypt, export and publish PDF files. Additional, “Premium”, services are available for reader on paid subscription. Acrobat.com complements the family with a variety of enterprise content management and file hosting services.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader is the free, trusted leader for reliably viewing, annotating, and signing PDFs.
- Search, scroll, and zoom in and out.
- Quickly open PDF documents from email, the web, or any app that supports Share.
- Choose Single Page, Continuous scroll, or Reading mode.
History about Adobe Acrobat Reader :
Since the early 1990s the Acrobat product has had several competitors, some of which used their own document formats, such as :Adobe also allows third parties to develop Acrobat plug-ins, which can add extra functions to the Acrobat program.
- Common Ground from No Hands Software company
- AnyView from Binar Graphics company
- Envoy from WordPerfect Corporation
- Replica from Netopia (formerly Farallon Computing)
- Folio from NextPage company
- WorldView from Interleaf company
- DjVu from AT&T Laboratories
ANNOTATE AND REVIEW PDFs :
- Highlight and mark up text with annotation tools.
- Make comments on PDFs using sticky notes and drawing tools.
- View and work with annotations in the comments list.
- Mobile applications with the Document Cloud (DC) launch:
- Adobe Acrobat DC (mobile app on iOS and Android)
- e-Sign manager
- Fill n Sign app
Desktop applications :
- Adobe Acrobat Standard DC
- Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (for OS X v10.6.4 and above, and Windows 7 and above. Reader X is the last supported version for Windows Vista).
- Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
- Personal Storage
SCAN DOCUMENTS AND WHITEBOARDS :
- Use your device camera to snap a photo of anything—a document, whiteboard, form, picture, receipt, or note—and save it as a PDF.
- Scan multiple document pages into a single PDF and reorder them as desired.
- Enhance your camera images with improved boundary detection, perspective correction, and text sharpness.
- Easily save and share scanned PDFs.
- Requires Android 4.4 KitKat+.
STORE, PRINT AND SHARE FILES :
- Connect your Dropbox account.
- Sign in to your free Adobe Document Cloud account.
- Print documents from your Android device.
FILL AND SIGN FORMS :
- Use your finger to e-sign any PDF document.
- Quickly fill out PDF forms by typing text into fields.
IN-APP PURCHASE :
Get started without ever leaving your app, and subscriptions work across all your computers and devices. You can convert PDFs and organize pages on the go by subscribing to one of Adobe’s online services.
CREATE PDF FILES :
- Create PDF files.
- Subscribe to Adobe PDF Pack using In-App Purchase.
- Convert Microsoft Office files and images to PDF.
ORGANIZE PAGES IN PDF FILES :
- Reorder, rotate, and delete pages in your PDFs.
- Subscribe to Acrobat Pro DC using In-App Purchase.
- Acrobat Reader for Android is free.
EXPORT PDF FILES TO WORD OR EXCEL :
- Save PDF documents as editable Microsoft Word or Excel files.
- Subscribe to Adobe Export PDF using In-App Purchase.
AVAILABLE LANGUAGES :
English, hinese Traditional, Chinese Simplified, C Czech, Danish, Finnish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Korean, Japanese, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Polish, Spanish, Swedish and Turkish.
ALREADY A SUBSCRIBER? :
If you have a subscription to Acrobat Pro, Acrobat Standard, PDF Pack, or Export PDF, just sign in to convert and export PDFs on the go.
NEW Features :
- Added accessibility support for images and alternate text, headings, and links.
- Improved commenting tools precision for highlight, strike through, and underline.
- Share feedback and ask questions in the online support forum by tapping Share Feedback in the Help section.